Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm not a doctor, but I've stayed at my fair share of Holiday Inns.

First of all - if you don't have access to an awesome, licensed, massage therapist, please do yourself the biggest favor and find one. I see a great one once a month for a general massage, and was able to get an appointment with her specifically for my injury. By the end of the hour I could take a deep breath without prohibitive pain.
 
Now that the general inflammation has died down a bit, I have been able to pinpoint my pain to two places: on my back, between my spine and shoulderblade (which feels like a dull stabbing pain); and on my chest a little below my right collarbone (which feels like a bruise, but when I push it my back hurts). So now I'm pretty sure I did get hit in the chest - which makes sense as I was lying on my back when the dumbbell catapulted into me - and I think I subluxated my second rib based on my highly qualified internet research. Basically the weight on my chest caused the head of the rib, that articulates with my spine, to pop slightly out of place (not a full dislocation though - like a half dislocation).
 
I woke up this morning with a bit of pain when I take a deep breath (still in the back, still a dull stabbing), but since our workout today at the gym was a 5km row, I went. I was only about a minute slower than in college so I was happy with my performance, and I didn't have trouble with my back/rib. Certain movements still aggravate it, but it's not unbearable; I'll keep working out and if it gets worse in the next week or two, I'll have a professional check it out :)
 
Till then... I'll keep on truckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment