Thursday, July 26, 2012

Still churning out excellence

Yesterday was a much-needed rest day, and today I got in my gym workout and run! It was 92ºF at 6pm, with a heat index of 115ºF so my run was pretty slow to keep my heart rate down, but I got some good stretching in afterward so that was great.

I'm hoping to do a post on CrossFit over the weekend (when I have time to type - it's almost bed time now and I just got dinner finished and eaten! (home made baked falafel with tzatziki - yum!!!)).

Today's workout:

Warm-up:

  • 400m run
  • 20 burpees
  • 3 rounds AFAP (as fast as possible)
    • 15 push-ups
    • 10 walking lunges

WOD 1:

3 rounds:
  • 1:00 Wall Balls (14lb)
  • 1:00 SDLHP (sumo deadlift high pulls) 45lb (55lb Rx)
  • 1:00 Row for calories
  • 1:00 rest
--2:00 rest after the last round--

WOD 2:

9 min. AMRAP (as many rounds/reps as possible)

  • 10 GHD sit-up (GHD = glute/hamstring developer)
  • 10 KB snatches (5 each hand) 20lb (35lb Rx)
  • 40 DUs (double-unders)
Total score - number of reps.
WOD 1: 120
WOD 2: 256 (4 rounds + 10 GHD sit-ups + 6 KB snatches)

...and a nice little motivational picture to leave you with tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment